Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rough Plumbing Dimensions

Posted by errlin (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 19, 07 at 21:56

Hi - I know this information is on the forum, I saw it the other day and thought I clipped it, but apparently not. What are the traditional locations of angle stops and drains under sinks and for toilets. I've been searching for hours with no luck, and I would just go measure one, but we're out in the boonies and I'm sure the trailer is not standard.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rough Plumbing Dimensions

To the best of my knowledge there are no hard and fast rules here.

Generally the waste arm is centered with the sink location and 18" above the finished floor, however there are special circumstances that must be considered. Example: If this is for a kitchen sink and they have specified a deep sink with a disposal it may be necessary to lower the waste arm an inch or two.

The angle stops are then generally spaced approximately 8" on center (4" on either side of the waste arm) and 24" above the finished floor.

The watercloset flange (toilet flange) is centered 12" out from the finished wall. (Keep in mind this is finished wall, not from the studding. You must allow for wallboard and perhaps tile).

The watercloset supply valve is 6" left of center and 6" above the finished floor however here again, check the finish specs. You may need to make allowance for a high base molding.

o
RE: Rough Plumbing Dimensions

Lazypup - Thanks for the info, now I can get on with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here