Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best toilet for small powder room

Posted by joaniepoanie (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 3, 12 at 21:35

We want to replace the toilet in our powder room. We have 4 feet of space front to back. I'd like a high rise elongated but am afraid it will be too large. Thanks for any info on makes/models.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best toilet for small powder room

We have a small powder also, we used a kohler wellwood ( I think that's the name). It's a good toilet (not in the best category). We used a kohler Cimmeron for our master bath....that's considered a best toilet.

The plumbers recommend either the kohler Cimmeron or Mansfield something (I forgot the name). But many stressed to me that the toilets of the same name you find at big box are not the same as the ones the plumbers sell.

Good luck remodel buddy!

o

Thanks Christine! How' s your reno coming along....I hope no surprises!

o

Under both the IRC & UPC you must have an assured clearance of 15" from the centerline of the bowl to any wall, fixture or appurtenance on either side of the water closet.

Under the UPC you must have a frontal clearance of 24" from the front outside edge of the bowl to any adjacent wall, fixture or appurtenance.

Under the IRC the required frontal clearance is 21".

o

So far so more surprises! Electric rough starts tomorrow. Demo and framing complete!

And as for toilets....we went with a round seat, as I thought the room was too small for elongated! Glad we did! We a
So went with std height, as the counter extends over top like a little shelf, right height would have been too tall, that I don't like,mbut I was stuck with it!

o

Too late for Christine, but I just happened to come across this tiny 24" deep modern Italian-style dual-flush one-piece toilet (12" rough-in). That's about 4" less deep than the most compact elongated or regular round-front toilets. It appears to be sold (in the US at least) by only one vendor who sells through Amazon. The toilet itself seems reasonably priced, but shipping is expensive (and no Amazon Prime). My chief concern (apart from the fact that there are no reviews yet) would be how easy it would be to install in a small space because the description says: "No visible bolt covers: Bolts are mounted in the back of the toilet."

The same vendor also has a similar-looking 25" deep toilet with a "self-cleaning" glaze, which I assume is comparable to Toto Sanagloss of American Standard Everclean.

Here is a link that might be useful: 24

o

I messed up the link for the 24" deep toilet (model name Otho) in my previous message. Here it is again. I'd be curious to know if anyone has seen it or heard anything about it.

Dimensions: 24" high x 15" wide x 27" tall

Here is a link that might be useful: 24

o

Looks like GardenWeb is clipping the link name at the " character. The link name was supposed to be:

24" deep one-piece dual-flush elongated toilet - Otho

I'll try it one more time.

Here is a link that might be useful: 24-inch deep one-piece dual-flush toilet - Otho

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here