Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jprocks_gw

Air gap Relocation

JpRocks
11 years ago

Hello all,

Hopefully a quick question for someone in the know;

I am remodeling my master bathroom, which is pretty small to begin with; house is slab on grade.

Behind the toilet runs the Main Stack up to the roof, it supports 2 shower/bath tub, 2 toilets and 2 sinks. Both bathrooms of the house share a wall, and all plumbing connections.

I was hurting for space in the master for storage and thought the best route would be to relocate the main stack and install shelves in the wall cavity, where it used to be. It's currently copper but is there a better idea than installing a fernco elbow at the base (a foot for so above the floor) changing it over to plastic and elbowing it up and around the 'shelf' area and eventually back to it's original attic cut out?

Do I need to use schedule 40 pipe for this work, or is there some flexible option that I have not thought of that would save time/money on using fernco's ? Would it even be a 'smarter' idea to just install a Air Admittance Valve (an access panel in the self area could be done easily enough - but i am not sure if it can feed 6 devices?

Thanks for the help/suggestions.

Bryan

This post was edited by JpRocks on Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 21:08

Comments (2)