Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bleeding Air From A New Faucet

Posted by justme4now (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 28, 11 at 17:38

Just bought a new Delta kitchen sink faucet with a side sprayer.

Followed the instructions to bleed air from the lines.

The instructions were to remove the diverter valve, run hot and cold water, full open for a minute, re-install diverter valve.

The problem is Worse!

I have done this three times and nothing seems to work?

Any ideas will be appreciated and Thanks.

JM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bleeding Air From A New Faucet

What problem is worse? The instructions are intended to let any loosened debris pass out before the parts are reinstalled.

o

Did you also remove the aerator when flushing/bleeding the system? I also remove the spray nozzle so random debris won't be caught there. Don't forget to aim the nozzle-less hose in a 'safe' direction for this.

o

Thank You for the responses.

Yes, I took the aerator off and .. I guess that I misunderstood what the 'flushing' 'bleeding' of the system was for.

I thought that it was also for bleeding the air out of the lines.

I am having problems with 'sputtering' out of both the hot and cold sides of the unit when I first turn them on.

I know that it is from air in the lines but I can't seem to get the air out?

Again, Thanks.

JM

o

Run some other faucets and for a longer time.

Unless you are on a well, air cannot enter a pressurized water line very well.

o

Thank You brickeyee

Does it matter which other faucets to run?

This problem didn't exist until I installed this new faucet and it isn't in any others as far as I can tell.

JM

o

You have to open enough faucets to get any air that entered the line out.

Starting with the highest faucet can help, but in a small pipe the water may not be at ht bottom (or the air only at the top).

Supply lines are often not installed to 'drain' easily, allowing air to get trapped at dips and turns in the piping.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here