Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mangomoon_gw

Occasional drips from b/tub faucet - residual water?

mangomoon
14 years ago

A few months ago I posted a problem that may or may not be related to my current issue. Back then, I could hear a drip through the wall half hour or so after using water. Knowing for a fact that no pipes exist behind this wall, I was told on this forum that it was just residual water that makes a loud ping within the PVC pipes, but that it was likely I had no leak. I still hear it but not as frequent, so I am not worried about it. Several months later, all of a sudden I will see water dripping from my shower/bath tub faucet for about 10-15 minutes, then it stops and the shower has not been used as of the night before. Why is this happening? My shower does have a shower system with an attaching hose, but I release all water in the hose via the valve, and the center knob between the hot and cold water to make sure it all got out, but I am surprised as to where this is coming from and it is is residual? It is not a leak from valves that need washer replacement because the fixtures and the entire shower ensemble are less than a few months old.

It doesn't happen all of the time (at least for now), but once a day or once every other day for several minutes. If a pipe had a leak, why would it come back into the tub instead of elsewhere? FYI, this is an older trailer mobile home.

Any clues as to what might be my problem?

I live on the coast of Central CA, cooler climate, marine layer, fog, some freezing during Winter if temps fall below 37 at night. FYI

Comments (4)