Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ravib9999

Basement Toilet Clogging Issue

ravib9999
10 years ago

Just joined this site, hoping I'll get some good advice here. We just recently moved into a house built in 1988. Upon moving in we had the main line sewage changed out to the the city line, we discovered the old pipe collapsed. Everything throughout the house is good. However the basement toilet, which is quite a large toilet. So much so a friend noted that it wasn't sitting flat so he notched the drywall and wedged it in. Now the toilet seems to flush, but only watery goods. The minute you carry out the bigger of your jobs for which I typically flush twice, the first flush takes my waste away, but then the next tissue paper delivery plugs it. And I hear gurgling in the adjacent tub...and to top it off, water comes out the bottom of the toilet. After I send an auger down, clears it up. Is this toilet too large and potentially misaligned? The plumber we had me purchase an extra thick wax ring...but I couldn't find one so I believe he installed the standard wax ring. One last thing, the first time this happened water came up the tub.