Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toilet flushing slow, now what???

Posted by ilene-84 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 15:55

I've tried plunging and putting hot water with some hand soap but still it fills and goes down slow. Any suggestions will be appreciated. FYI it's one of the "good" flushing toilets.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toilet flushing slow, now what???

If you dump a gallon of water quickly into the bowl, does it cause the toilet to flush normally or does that water drain slowly as well?

o

When I put water in it doesn't help the flush, the water goes down very slow....with plunging all the water goes down. When filling it doesn't look as though it's going to overflow, but water raises higher than normal. Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

o

Then your problem is a blockage either in the bend of the toilet itself or in the drain line the toilet empties into. Likely something was flushed that should not have been - wash cloth, small toy, tampon, paper towel, cat litter, etc.

o

I'm sure it was nothing that shouldn't have been flushed. Is there any chemical way to dissolve? Thanks in advance for your help.

o

"I'm sure it was nothing that shouldn't have been flushed"

If only you pay me $1 for each time I heard those words 5 minutes before pulling a hair roller,safty razor,toothpaste tub,bottle cap or an old sock from a toilet.
Wanna guess what the speaker said then ?

",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, how did that get in there?"

Chemicals will not do any good. Closet auger is your best way.

o

Thanks so much...I don't want to sound discussing, but am 100% sure nothing fell into the bowl (I have a long sanding problem with my stomach), so thinking about what you said I poured more boiling water, and a bit more hand soap, and waited for DH to get home to plunge....it worked....I appreciate your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here