Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grandpabear_gw

Tricky Basement Bath Design?

grandpabear
11 years ago

First off � thanks in advance for any guidance you can give!

I am planning a new bathroom for our basement. The basement is currently unfinished. When the house was built, the stubs were installed for a bathroom in the basement. However, we need to make the bathroom handicapped accessible and want to change the arrangement. The attached sketch shows what we have now and what we are planning.

My apologies for the primitive sketch. The top of the sketch is a side view of the existing stubs and the bottom view is a plan view. The room is 10�6" x 10�6" and each light square is 6"x6". The black lines show mostly the existing and planned walls, floor and framing. The red shows the existing plumbing. I know the approximate run for the 4" line under the slab but not the 2" lines. The blue (drain) and green (vent) show what I am thinking is required to service the new tub, shower, lav and toilet. I plan to remove/cap the existing stubs when bust open the floor slab. Hopefully this conveys what I am thinking. Basically I want to tie the new 4" line into the existing stub and provide a vent via the drain for the new lav. The shower and tub drain into the existing 4 " drain line. I think the shower and tub are too far removed and require their own vent. Both new vents would feed into the existing vent line. All old vent and drain stubs would be removed.

� Will this work and comply with most codes?
� Is there a better way to do this?
� Anything in particular that is tricky beyond what is shown?

Thanks again for any advice.