Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yugoslava

Rubber "O" Rings

yugoslava
11 years ago

We have had a leak from a faucet in the bathtub for several months. My husband had tried changing the "O" ring and it would work for awhile and start again. Whenever he opened it he would find the ring twisted or abraded. We found the rings were not rubber but plastic and didn't make a good seal. It turned out those rings were made in China. Looking at some other plumbing supplies that were customarily made of rubber we discovered that is not done with things coming from China. Sometimes last year I ordered some rubber mats on line from U.S., they are well made, sturdy and washable. Recently, I saw a mat with same pattern in Toronto with quite low price when I looked at it I found it to be made of plastic and it was from China. Even Brooks Brothers has clothes made in China and we know how expensive they are but for simple things like washer or"O" rings quality is nonexistent.

Comment (1)

• bus_driver
    11 years ago

For water service, EPDM is one of the best materials. It really is not "rubber". Using any petroleum-based lube on EPDM ruins it.