Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chueh_gw

reinstall current faucet? worth it or need to buy new?

chueh
10 years ago

You don't believe this, but the people who installed my kitchen sink either cut corner or forgot using plumber's putty!!!!! We thought the newly built house was wonderful until we found almost everything installed sometime after moving in years ago.

I found out that no plumber's putty was used a few days after we moved in when I saw a light coming through the little gap between the faucet and the sink. I thought that using a clear silicone sealant to seal around that part would solve the problem. It might work a little while, but now I found mold and water inside the cabinet. The pipe that connects to the middle (the arc) is wet and dripping water. That's the only place being wet, as I tried to see where possible leakage was.

The faucet itself seems to fine. Is it worth to install the current one? Would it be too much to clean the current faucet and its parts to be installed? Or it's better just to buy a new faucet? If reinstallation is OK? What should I be careful of not to damage the parts? Thanks

Comments (3)