Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nccmama_gw

upstairs laundry room faucet leaking

nccmama
15 years ago

Last week, our city replaced the water meters for every house on our street and warned us that the water would be turned off for 20 minutes or so. It was laundry day, but luckily my load had just finished, so I waited to start a new load until they were done. I knew that there would be air in the lines, so I ran water in the bath tub before I started a load. I guess I should have also removed the supply line from my front loader washing machine before starting the next load and run the faucet there, too, but I didn't do this, and there was air in these lines as well. I have the flood safe supply lines, so they would not work until I removed and reconnected the hoses. I did this, and ran a new load.

When I returned to the laundry room, the floor was wet. It looks like both faucets are now leaking water, not too much, but enough to drip out of the little cubby in the wall where the supply lines are (upstairs laundry room). There is no spray of water, more like a sweaty drip from the faucets. I notice that the metal of the faucets are greenish colored, like maybe this had been going on for a while. Or, do you think that this could have been caused by damage from the water being turned off and the initial pressure from the restart? The lines themselves don't seem to be leaking, just the faucets.

Any advice as to how to fix it? If it's a simple fix, I'd rather save myself a call to the plumber.

Thanks!

Comments (2)