Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plumber charges to install utility sink & toilet

Posted by msa62001 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 16, 13 at 11:22

We have roughed in plumbing in the basement (easily accessible; no drywall is up) and want to install a utility sink and toilet (which we have already purchased). Water supply to both sink and toilet is part of the job, along with installing flange for toilet. I got a flat $600 cost from the plumber. Is this more or less in the ballpark? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plumber charges to install utility sink & toilet

It sounds a bit high, but a lot can depend on the rates in your area and what is needed to facilitate the water supply lines. I'd recommend getting another bid or two.

o
RE: Plumber charges to install utility sink & toilet

I felt that I was overcharged. I should have used a wrench to put in the faucet, water lines, existing disposaler, and new 4inch plastic tube to existing disposaler. sigh....I was had for 420 !!!! for 30 minute job !!!!
Initial quote was 1020 !!! then 600 then 400 and I had to pay for trip charge of 40 if he didnt do the work ! I should have just bought a bit of plumbers putty , pipe sealant & the plastic tube myself...argh.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here