Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hand held shower kit recommendations?

Posted by lizb_1772 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 8:38

1951 Master bathroom is gutted and renovations have begun. We are not going over the top, just nice, conservative, traditional. Shower preference is to have one shower head only: a handheld on a slide bar that will deliver the strong, hard spray we like. We also want to stop water flow while we soap up, then resume at the same volume and temperature to rinse. We have excellent water pressure. Two parents and one teenager.

I think, but am not sure, that to meet our desires, we need the following:
hand held shower kit (includes shower head, hose, and slide bar), a thermostatic trim kit (two control levers, right?), and the valve guts for each control and the shower head. Am I right?

Now, please recommend brands (be as specific as you can, even product numbers.) We will live here forever, and want stuff that will last as long as the 1951 stuff did. But we definitely are not going top of the line price-wise. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hand held shower kit recommendations?

We went with the Delta Lockwood for ours--we have the thermostatic control with regular shower head, the handshower with slide bar, an overhead raincan and the diverter. We can run each component by itself or in any combination of 2 or 3. I've listed a link below that will give you everything you need to know pretty much for setting up your shower with multiple components using a Delta system. Another option would be to use one of Delta's N2ition shower heads instead of the slide bar option. Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta Shower System Setup

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here