Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crampon

Shipping damage to SS sink - still usable?

crampon
12 years ago

Hi all,

I'm a longtime lurker here, but never needed to post until now. (I've always been able to answer my questions by searching the site.)

My wife and I are currently remodeling our kitchen. Our house is a 1913 Craftsman, and the kitchen was done (atrociously) in 1955 modern (gold fleck formica countertop and backsplash, etc.).

We just received our new sink; it's a Vigo undermount stainless sink. It's pretty heavyweight (16 gauge), and it was packed well, but nonetheless it was damaged in shipping.

The inside rim is at the same height all the way around, but one of the corners is bent down substantially, and I'm wondering if there will be a problem getting a good seal when we mount it to the countertop.

I'm including some pictures below - is this sink usable, or do we need to return it? I'd prefer not to go through the hassle of return shipping (it's big!), but obviously, will do so if we're not going to be able to use the sink.

Thanks very much for your input!

Top right corner has the biggest ding - pennies included to show scale:

This shot shows the max deflection: about 1/2" at the outside of the corner.

There's also a smaller ding on the bottom left corner.

Max deflection on this one is only about 1/8 inch -- I couldn't get a good photo, but I don't think it's going to be a problem for installation.

Comments (5)