Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gator close up

Posted by solstice98 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 27, 08 at 21:40

It's been warm in Central Florida during the day, but cool at night. The sunshine brings out the gators for a little warm up. This guy was just across a 12 foot creek from us - it's the closest I've ever been to one this size. I didn't pull out a tape measure, but I'm sure he was 8 or 9 feet nose-to-tail.

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gator close up

Great shots!

Looks like he lost a toe in an argument with another male sometime in his past.

We have them here but haven't seen one in a few years.

Kt

o

Great shots from me, too! I'd want to make sure I was far enough away to run as I'm not a good runner, heard they can move fast...

o

You only have to be a little faster than the slowest person present! LOL Just kidding....

o

I have never seen one only pictures of them but I think if I did I would run screaming. They look so evil. Glad I don't live where they are.

o

Great pictures!...only seen one's in a ditch when visiting the space center.

Konrad

o

The Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge area is right next to the space center. We've seen gators there several times but rarely see one this close up. This was just a perfect sighting day because it had been cool at night but warm and sunny during the day.

Doris, even though there are gators in Florida, we don't see them unless we go looking for them. Probably a lot like bears or wolves in Michigan. I guess they do look evil, or at least 'dangerous', but to me they mostly just look primitive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here