Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Didn't get my settings right off the bat. so I digital art these

Posted by juanital (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 29, 08 at 21:33

I took several shots adjusting each time...by the time I got it nearly right, it flew...
Photobucket

After the heron flew off my camera worked its way to the right where the deer were crossing...
Photobucket

Juanita
Nikon D300 18-300VR

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Didn't get my settings right off the bat. so I digital art t

Wow, such pretty shots (now I show my ignorance) did you acheive all this look in the camera, or do you use Photoshop, pls forgive...sooooo much to learn LOL

PS, you sure do live in a beautiful area of the country! I envy you the beautiful outdoors!

o

This look was thru an editing and plugins program...The originals came out darker and when I tried to bring out details it was very noisy, then tried a noise removal program but lost even more detail. I use Irfanview alot for editing. There are all kinds of compatible filters and plugins that you can add to it. The plugin's I used for this was Topaz Simplify and Topaz Adjust...

In the camera you can do some pretty cool things. Through "Set Picture Control" (its in the shooting menu) you can use 'standard' 'neutral''vivid' and 'monochrome' and within each of those modes you can do adjustments and get some neat looking photos...Of course this is probably more info than you need right now, didn't mean to blab on!!! but if you have any questions feel free to ask, I may or may not know the answer... ;)

o

Oh wow..this is nice!...just like a painting.
Not very often one gets to see deer crossing water, have only seen it once,.. about 20 elks.

Konrad

o

Those are lovely.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here