Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Italy, Oct. 2005

Posted by ronf (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 07 at 21:03

My daughter and son-in-law got to live in Italy for three years while he was in the Air Force. He was stationed at Aviano AFB in northern Italy. My wife and I were there for a couple weeks in Oct. of 2005. They lived about 12 miles from the base in a quaint little village. This was their view of the Dolomite mountains from the front door of their house.

Photobucket

One day we went for a drive up into the mountains.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also went over to Florence for a few days. Besides all the usual sights we went to a sculpture garden at Boboli.

Photobucket

Even the drinking fountains had these little sculptures in them.

Photobucket

One of the most interesting places to explore is the local food market.

Photobucket

Ron

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Italy, Oct. 2005

Hey! You posted!! Beautiful!! It looks like your kids were in a beautiful, natural spot... I love the trees changing color pictures and the stream with the stone sides.

I didn't get to see Boboli Gardens and it looks like I missed out---I didn't know what was there. So amazing! Even the water fountain!?! I love your pictures!

Incredible food market. Makes me want to cook! Looks like you and your wife had a blast touring!

Thanks for remembering to share your pictures! ;)

o

Thanks, texashottie.
Also at Boboli gardens was a porcelain museum. Not the highlight of my day but my wife was fascinated by it.

Photobucket

Ron

o

That's pretty too--I can see where you wife would love to see that. Porcelain? We were enamored with all the stone mosaics Florence had---we got caught up looking through some of the stores there that had gorgeous mosaic tables made with all natural stone. But I didn't know they were known for porcelain as well.

o

Wow, loved all the photos, things I will probably never see so it is great seeing through photos, thanks for sharing. I can see why your wife was fascinated by it, so pretty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here