Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frosty photos

Posted by ronf (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 07 at 19:46

It was about 25 here all day and foggy. This afternoon everything was covered in frost.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ron

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frosty photos

Nice photos!! Cools me off just to look at them! 75F here today and Whew!, it was hot!

What kind of tassel is that in the second photo?

After filling up on Christmas Dinner, I'll come over and sit on that swing, and even it out for you.

Excellent photos!!

Kt

o

Thanks, kt.
The 2nd photo is the seed head of a big bluestem grass. One of the primary grasses of the great plains.
Ron

o
RE: Frosty photosv

We have bluestem here, but apparently a different variety, I'm sure.

Thanks

Kt

o

kt,
Up here big bluestem gets 5 or even 6 feet high when it's in bloom. Litte bluestem is only 18 or 24 inches at the most. The mature height has a lot to do with available moisture. The genus for both is Andropogon.
Ron

o

Interesting, what we call bluestem gets as tall as me, or taller in some cases. I will do some research.

I do know that we do have the smaller bluestem that has recently taken over around here. The tassels are almost maroon and looks like waves of maroon when the wind blows on the grass.

Kt

o

i love the photo with the pinecone!

o

Great shots, Ron. We had that fog down here too. Beautiful crystal-like formations on trees and bushes. I got home too late to get any good photos like yours.

(Bluestem is great for wildlife especially pheasants. Thinking of planting an old pasture in it next spring.)

o

oooh, love em all, the last one is my fav.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here