Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi there

Posted by minrose (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 6, 07 at 19:44

Been a long time since I posted photos here, I hope to get back to sharing more here and trying to reply more to your great photos.
I raised butterflies this last summer, 12 monarchs and 4 blacktail swallowtail butterflies. I try to take photos of each one before I let them go. I will try to share some of my favs of most of them. I also have gotten a few more pets to share photos of, another kitten and some paint ponies.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi there

Oh gorgeous. So sharp and colorful.

o

Absolutely beautiful.
Ron

o

Hi, MaryAnn, so nice to see you here! Are you liking it at your new place? I suppose by now, it's not new. How did your roses do with the big move?
Love those swallowtails, never see those here.
JoanMN

o

Thanks Ron and Rcnaylor!

Hi Joan, we love our farm, and since we moved here we have gotten 2 dogs, a kitten and 2 paint ponies so now we have a total of 8 pets, which of course I take tons of photos.
Our roses did not fair well with the move and us not having enough time to really care for them like we used to, so we are scaling back. We are going to move what roses we have to another place in the yard and making the former rosebed a horse pasture, the ponies need more room to run and graze.
We have a grove that the monarch catepillars love so in the summer I look for them and raise them in jars til they turn into monarchs. The blacktail swallowtail catepillars I found in our huge carrot patch, it was my first year raising them, it was fun. When I first release them they usually don't move for awhile giving me a chance to take some good photos.

o

MaryAnn....great pictures! I am so glad to see you here, posting,
Sorry to hear about your roses but love that you are raising butterflies.

o

Gorgeous colors!! Very interesting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here