Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Putting dvd movie with photos on same DVD

Posted by ntt_hou (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 29, 13 at 18:24

Is there a software for Windows that can put a DVD movie and a folder with still photos on the same disk?

Currently, I have Windows DVD Maker that came with Windows 7. I've tried several ways to burn the movie files on the same DVD but the DVD players wouldn't play nor recognize when a folder of still photos is in the same DVD.

I've been searching on the internet and only found a possibility to do this with DVDSP (DVD Studio Pro) created by Apple. Looks like, it would only run with Mac and not with Windows. I'm not able to use this option.

If you know of another tool or way, please advise. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Putting dvd movie with photos on same DVD

It is possible, but I cannot tell you how, or what program to use. I will look into it and see what I can find.

Kt

o

Thank you very much for trying to help. After posting the "help", I've found a few tools that enable me to do this.

Since I need to get this project done fairly quick (within 2 days), I went ahead and purchased the software from Corel: Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus. Now, I need to learn how to do this quickly.

Again, thank you.

o

Try formatting the DVD disc as a data disc before using it. You should be able to write sereval different file types to it the same as a hard drive. The problem may be that the play-back device won't accept the DVD disc if it has other file types on it. However, with proper software, you should be able to play back on your computer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here