Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sundog

Posted by konrad___far_north (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 14, 08 at 17:43

Today I captured my best sundog so far....remember the other one I posted some years ago?...That one had only one side, this time it's complete, two side.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Konrad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sundog

WOW! Great shots Konrad!

That is the best sundog, and sundog photos that I've ever seen.

Kt

o

This is the first time I've heard that term, but I've seen this phenomenon several times...none as awesome though.

That last one is the winner for me! Awesome pics

o

Nice job on the sundog...thanks!

o

Great pics, Konrad. And thanks so much for taking the time to share them with us.

o

Spectacular shots! The best I have ever seen and I have seen a lot of them.

o

Thank you all!
Have send them to CBC News and they took them all,.. link below.
Got lucky with these shots, haven't cropped or postprocesst,.. right out of the camera.
Konrad

Here is a link that might be useful: Sundog

o

Congratulations Konrad on the CBC News honor.

Well deserved.

o

Yes, congratulations on the News report. Those are gorgeous pictures. I saw one several weeks ago, but nothing to compare to these, and remembered a thread a couple of years or so ago with sundog pictures. If it's ok, I would like to save these in a special folder I use for special pictures.

o

Thank you Rcnaylor & Gmom!
With this cold snap, - 25 C, -13F and -30 C, -22F at night conditions are good it seems to see sundogs more often.
Yesterday morning at workplace in the City of Edmonton have spotted one at the shop.

Photobucket
Konrad

o

Gmom, sorry, forgot to answer on your request...
You're welcome to use any of these pictures.
Happy new year to all of you!

Konrad

o

Wow...I thought I had looked at these, I missed them even though they've been right here...Beautiful shots-Konrad!!!

o

Thanks, Konrad. I don't use any of the pictures I save- they are only for my enjoyment. Your sundogs are just beautiful.

o

Beautiful pictures Konrad. Why are they called Sun "Dogs"? They don't look anything like dogs. I have never seen one. Are they seen only in the morning at sunrise?

o

Thank you all!

>>Why are they called Sun "Dogs"?<<
Can't answer this one Dee, you can read more in link below, have seen another one tonight first time at sunset but very weak and one side only.
Photobucket
Konrad

Here is a link that might be useful: Sundog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here