SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
audrey_gw

Problem with scanning slides

audrey_gw
15 years ago

I have a Plustek Opticfilm 7300 scanner that I use with the Silverfast program for scanning slides. When I first got it, I didn't realize that even the slides with horizontal orientation had to be placed in the tray vertically--or else the resulting images would have their sides chopped off. But, once I figured out how to scan them vertically and rotate the result, everything worked fine up until a couple days ago.

Now, strangely enough, I'm having almost the same problem with vertical pictures. They are coming out with the top and bottom chopped off and black space showing on the sides, as if something is trying to convert them into horizontal images.

I suspect that this could actually be a problem with the program I use to display the finished result--Microsoft Photo Gallery--as the small preview images the scanner shows when it is working are correct. But I've always used this program with the scanner, so don't see why it should suddenly start acting up in this way. Or might I have accidentally changed something in the Silverfast program without realizing it? If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH