Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's your wallpaper?

Posted by zitro_joe (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 12, 06 at 15:33

I was just wondering what everyone had as their customized wallpaper? Mine changes about every two days but linked at the bottom is the picture of my current wallpaper.

***Please link to pictures. I can only imagine the bandwidth if we embed them all**

Here is a link that might be useful: CLICK HERE!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's your wallpaper?

I put a lot of my own pics on my pictures slideshow. They change about every minute or so.

o

your wallpaper changes about every minute, or is that your screensaver?

o

Well, my screensaver, I made a mistake. My desktop picture, I change every now and then.

o

I wish you could have your wallpaper change every few minutes, that would be so nice!!! Mine is always a picture of my kids, I change it every time we get another new cute one.

o

I use Webshots as my wallpaper and screensaver, but I have my own photos in it (thousands). My wallpaper changes every 15 minutes, my screensaver every 10 seconds.
JoanMN

o

Well let's see these wallpapers, don't tell us about them. Joan, where do I find this webshot program?
Joe

o

This is the one I have on my desktop at the moment.
I am also using Webshots & have it set to cycle every 4 hours.
Click on thumbnail to view & go to Webshots website.
Ian

Image hosted by Webshots.com
by loneangel_2

o

My wallpaper (for the last couple weeks) is a picture of a beautiful place between Cheyenne and Laramie Wyoming, it is a wonderful rock outcropping called Vedawoo (pronounced ve-da-voo). I spent every possible moment I could there hiking, biking, skiing and rock climbing for the 12 years I lived in Laramie.

[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a252/upicturethis/Vedawoo.jpg[/IMG]

o

MTG,
Use the tag code instead of the IMG code to embed pictures on this site.

Joe

o

Is there a policy here about using others' posted pictures as wallpaper?

o

Well the nice thing to do would be to ask the person to do so. If I post a picture and I do not note it as protected by any means, then I am fully aware that and okay with them copying it. Just as long as they arent making any money from it.

Joe

o

Yeah, I think it's nice to mention that you'd like to use it as wallpaper. And it's nice for the photographer to hear, too.
Here's the webshots link. Their software is free. You have to download one collection of their pics, but after you figure out how to use it and your pictures, you can delete theirs.
YOu can also use other people public pictures on your desktop by opening a picture and choosing "copy to screensaver", or something like that.
My pictures are under joansoles, if anyone wants to use any of them.
JoanMN

Here is a link that might be useful: Webshots

o

The link below is my old desktop, I was pulling a prank on my significant other :)

Here is a link that might be useful: my desktop 15 minutes ago...

o
No, Really...

okay - my 'real' desktop :)

Here is a link that might be useful: this one's for real ;)

o

Wow, that almost makes me dizzy...or dizzier!
JoanMN

o

Well your first Desktop definately had some pizzaz. Your second is very nice, where is that?

o

Nice snow picture (once I got over shivering)!

Here's mine. The porch was at its peak of cleanliness, having just been painted. You would not want to see what it looks like most of the time.

My other computer has a photo of Music, our late, great dog.

o

It's not a photo of mine, a friend of mine sent it to me last year... I'm really not sure where it is - the file name didn't give any hint, either.

o

Taken in Marhem Holland, May 2006. I just changed my desktop for the fifth time today. I normally keep it the same for a few months. I just had a yellow ribbon for supporting our troops on my desktop.

o

I change mine every few weeks. Right now it's a rose bud. Peace.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Our fearless leader assuring the world that America does not torture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here