Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter

Posted by crunchpa (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 24, 10 at 13:40

Here are a few winter shots. Feel free to add your winter photos. So far we have escaped the piles of snow everyone else in the Great Lakes seem to be getting. Twenty miles from me they have 70 inches on the ground already. It is a snowy place I live in.

From Winter

From Winter

From Winter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter

all neat shots, thanks for sharing.

o

Great nature shots!...

Konrad

o

Wow...those are wonderful, crunchpa. I can feel the windchill.

o

I must agree, they are all good. I am visiting this forum so, if visitors are allowed to vote, my vote goes to #2.

o

Jan. 2011

Jan. 2011

o

konrad, those are two cool photos. Love the colors in the first, and the second makes me feel like I'm flying downhill on a sled.

Well, this isn't in the same league as y'all's (if you'll pardon the use of that convenient regionalism), but I was pleased that I captured the lighting as intended, at least. Still learning, still learning :)

o

Lovely Awm, you have also lots of snow, love your big trees!

All trees in my pictures I grew from seeds, the second picture I send to
Picture OF The Day [POTD] and was chosen to view one day, starting tomorrow, you can vote on it, you might have to click top left first.

You're right about the funny feeling looking at it, I was standing low
in the pond looking up...it goes up but it can also give you a illusion going down. Shooting with flash, lightens the snow very lightly on the bottom part and give's some sparkle.

Konrad

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture OF The Day

o

here is a picture of winter in Quebec Canada
this year we did not get that much snow we are luckly
sometwinter blue overlay sceneryimes I wish we did because i love taken picture of it

o

Great winter shots. I will be voting for you Konrad, you take wonderful photos.

o

Lake Erie is the shallowest of the Great Lakes (210 ft) and is now 70% ice covered. This shuts off our lake effect portion of our snow totals and increases the amount of sunny days. Lake Erie is 240 miles long and 50 miles wide, when the water is warm in Nov and Dec, the cold air coming down from Canada gives us clouds and snow.
From Winter

Here is a lighthouse on Presque Isle S.P.

From Winter

o

Forecast is another foot of snow tomorrow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here