Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Night shots- thank you for the tips...

Posted by trailrunner (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 9, 07 at 10:58

It worked to hold my breath. I didn't realize the movement at night made such a difference...of course I was dizzy by the time I finished LOL ! I also now realize that the ones that turn out best do not have the flood lights in them...I think that messes up the clarity too. I will try again tonight as it is the last night til next year. Here are the results:

My porch and front wall :

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

some neighbors porches and santas:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Night shots- thank you for the tips...

nice job considering the elements. Hand held - hard stuff to have still hands.

The shutter speed on some of you pics have a 1/8" speed. that is why are still having some camera shake issues. Unless you have really still hands, in the low light you still have some camera shake evident at 1/80". That is why a tripod is almost a "must". Do have an oversized bean bag to set the camera on? I made one it comes in handy quite a bit.

Also you might be doing everything right as far have still hands and holding you breathe but the camera shake could still be present because of the residual force from pressing the shutter button. Sometimes, when I have to do hand held. I put on the 2 sec timer. That way the picture is taken after the shutter button has been pressed and released.
That might help.

On camera flash is good for 10-15 feet so I would suggest turning that off.

Zjoe

o

Thank you...I need to read the book. I have no idea how to make some of these adjustments . I have relied to much on p&s. I will try again with your suggestions. I don't have anything at present to use as a support but I will look around. thank you again, c

o

Nice photos, and a nice job of decorating! I always have a hard time with those type shots, but you did great.

Looks like a palm, or maybe a short banana, in the sixth photo? I guess you don't live where the Winters are really cold. Once again, nice photos.

Kt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here