Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You work with what you've got

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 07 at 10:18

As those around here long know, I kind of work with what's handy when it comes to photos. Winter you get lots of snow, spring tulips, summer flowers, fall leaves. Well, the beauty around here at the moment is sunrises and sunsets. Must be something about the high clouds and cold air this time of year. My approach is you take what life gives you. Hope you don't get too tired of them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You work with what you've got

I don't know how anyone could ever get tired of that....you are a wonder and so is that sky. c

o

Those are gorgeous RC. I love the colors in all of them and especially the first. I've come to think of sunrises/sunsets as the Midwestern equivalent to the Grand Canyon;) On the prairies we don't have scenery like mountains or canyons or oceans, but our sunsets are as nice as anyones. I'd say TX sunsets rank right up there too.

o

Never tire of sunrises and sunsets, I just love em. I really the fence one.

o

Dawn and Dusk reflected through the earth's atmosphere make beautiful sunrises and sunsets. I never tire of them each one is different.

o

Very Nice! Down here there's basically just Summer and Winter.

I wonder how different the sunsets are on the same night, as viewed from your vantage point, and mine down here, a distance of approximatly 500+ miles, as the crow flies. Laterally, I guess maybe 300 to 350 miles.

Now THAT would be an assignment...have everyone take a photo of the sun setting on the same night and compare them.

Kt

o

what a great idea..Kt. Let's set a date...say New Years Eve and we will all take a shot...Ok...? c

o

Sounds good to me.

Kt

o

Wow, I could get lost in that last one!!

That fence just goes in forever, silhouetted by a gorgeous sunset...the tall grass just sitting there lazily...

just...wow!! good job!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here