Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canon question

Posted by mwoods (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 28, 06 at 9:46

Thought I'd pop over here from another forum and ask you folks something. I have been using a dinosaur Epson digital for years and wanted something much more compact and with a 6x optical zoom.So Santa brought me a Canon A710 IS which is amazing. Here's my question. With the old Epson,having the LCD screen on all the time really wore out the battery so you had the option of having the camera on and screen off and could just use the view finder if you wanted to. I can't find anyplace on this camera to turn off the LCD screen. It's always on when the camera is on. I've looked in the instructions and they mention using the settings to turn off the screen but I can't find where they are. Anyone have a clue? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canon question

I figured it out. Bringing this post down now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here