Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bah-humbug

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 21, 06 at 9:42

A tale fellow camera buffs might empathize with.

To set the scene, we had an ice storm here which gave us about three eights inch of ice and finished up with a light layer of snow so that everything in sight had a layer of clear refractory ice with a lining of snow on top that made it look like Hollywood special effects. So, with the hopes of getting some interesting photos, I made sure to put my digital camera in the car for the trip to work today.

Sure enough with some broken layers of cloudcover in the east as the sun came up there was a glorious bright orange splash all across the eastern sky. When you were behind homes and could only see the tops of the silvery trees covered in the layer of ice the tree tops were literally afire with that orange glow shining through and off the ice.

So, I pull over, grab my camera, hit the on button and...discover the batteries have gone dead over night. :( Tis the season, bah shutterbug!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bah-humbug

Ha, been there. I have four spare batteries now.

One time I had an engagment photo shoot and I forgot my memory cards. I felt really stupid.

Joe

o

Ewwwh Joe, I bet there are few things more dangerous than testy brides.

As the father of a bride to be next July, all I can say from my experience is glad you seem to have made it out with life and limb.

o

Well, luckily I knew the couple quite well and we chatted long enuogh for my wife to show up with the cards, they never knew I had forgotten them.
One wedding I had the groom was drunk the whole reception and hiding from the camera the whole night, then, when they got the proofs he wanted to 50% discount because the wasnt any pictures of him. I did not mean to laugh out loud but I did and it turned out to be a very interesting conversation after that.

Your in TX right? Where is the wedding going to be at? Dont worry I am not fishing, just interested.

Joe

o

Amarillo, Joe. And, if I didn't have a sister coming in from Philly who is a professional photog, I'd be happy to talk with someone who I KNOW from the forum can take a great picture. But, its hard to beat free!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here