Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picasa

Posted by mooner (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 9, 08 at 9:20

I was wondering if anyone here used Picasa for their pictures. I like the program, but if I want to add a picture to an email, or as I just tried, went to tiny pics to try to add a picture to a web site, I cannot get a picture out of picasa. If I was to send a picture in an email, I have to go into the Picasa program and send it from the email in Picasa. Is there any way to pull these pictures out another way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picasa

When you attach a picture to an email/web site do you not go to the folder containing your pictures on your hard drive?

o

yes, but Picasa will not come up for me. I wondered what I was doing wrong.

o

If you want to attach a pic to an email you don't need to open Picasa.
Just click "attach file" and you'll get a "choose file" box.
Go to where you keep your pics..My Docs etc and choose.
As I understand it Picasa just "monitors" your pic folders,it isn't a pic folder unto itself. So you can't do an attachment from it.
I hope I understand your problem correctly.

o

That explanation should be of help to you......also, if you want to embed or link a photo to a website, that can be done directly from picassa by copying and pasting the url address they supply on the right hand side of your album page.

o

Terminology seems to be getting crossed up and causing room for confusion.

For reference purposes there are two Picasas that can be in play. There is the picasa you have on your computer. As mooner noted you can just click on "e-mail" in there and send a pic by e-mail from there if you want.

Also, Picasa will let you set up a web site account and upload pics from you computer to its web site in your Picasa program on your computer. Then, as referenced above, you can link to other places on the web from there.

Lastly, if you want to store your pics somewhere on the web besides picasa's web site, you have to "export" the picture/file in the Picasa on your computer to another place on your computer, where you can then upload them to, say, Photobucket. At least that is the way I do it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here