Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sharing more butterfly photos

Posted by minrose (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 07 at 8:30

Here are some more that I raised last summer.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sharing more butterfly photos

They are beautiful. You raise them? That's so interesting.

o

Yes, I do as hobby. I had 12 monarchs and 4 black swallowtail and one white sphix moth hatch for me this summer.

o

Those are beautiful.
Is that one of the new sunrise or sunset Echinacea in the first picture?
Ron

o

Minrose,

Those are beautiful photographs, and it is very commendable that you raised those butterflies. You must have a good camera and know how to use it.

MM

o

These are lovely shots, Minrose!....makes me want to post some
Konrad

o

Sorry I don't remember the name of the flower but I did buy it new this summer, I bet it is what you think it was though.
Thank you for all the nice comments. I have done alot of research on raising butterflies and come to the conclusion that they are better off if I collect them and raise them in jars, there are so many parasites that can attack the catepillars. In fact out of the 12 that evolved into beautiful butterflies, I also had 12 die because of parasite inside them. I did not find them in time in the wild.
Konrad, I love your butterfly shots, please share more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here