Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lens question & info please.

Posted by sydneydavis (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 25, 06 at 1:41

I am going to buy a Nikon D80 in 07. I've seen different ones advertized with different lens. Are the lens for the nikon d80 listed as Nikon d80 lens or are they listed a SLR lens? I've tried to do a search and have not found any clean answer. Also are the lens universal in the nikon world. If I had a d70 or d200 or d50 would they all be the same lens?
Thanks...
Syd

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lens question & info please.

Syd, I haven't a clue (no surprise there!), but if you don't get an answer here I suggest you post your question at DPReview's Nikon D80, D70, D50, D40 Forum. There's one for the D200, too. I've linked the first one below.

Merry Christmas!

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Nikon Forum

o

Syd,

I think you'll find what you're looking for at the attached link. It's a lot of info, but it's complete.

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: nikon lenses

o

Thank you both for the links. Joe I found the answer I was looking for on your link. Susan the one you posted will be a great place for me to go to learn [hopefully]. I did spend quite a bit of time there this afternoon before Joe posted his link. I find interesting how different people come up with the different links. I have spent quite a bit of time googling nikon lens, nikon d80 lens, lens for nikon d80 and a few other ways and never found what I looking for. I found mostly sale sites.
Your the BEST!
Thanks again!
Syd!

o

Every Nikon lens that includes "AF" in its description will fit the D80. Every Nikon lens will give the same results on every Nikon digital body (except for the newly announced D40, which will autofocus only with AF-S and AF-I lenses)

o

Alphacat what do you mean about the lens given the same result? I thought the different lens have to do with the length of photo capability - from close up: macro, to far away: zoom, is that what you mean? Or each of the individual lens itself will do the same thing on the different cameras?
Thanks
Syd

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here