Thu, Dec 6, 07 at 0:37

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Barbed wire, prairrie grass and whispy clouds at sunset

ooh, that is very nice, love it.

o

I LOVE that picture. How would one get that in a larger size to frame ?? It would be perfect on my wall. You have an amazing eye. Caroline

o

Thanks Minrose and Caroline. Its always nice to hear from those who enjoy some of the pics.

I'd be happy to help you with getting a print somehow Caroline. I am not much of an expert on moving pics around. This one was of course cut down file size wise to make it easier to load on boards like this one. You'd want as much of the original as you could get if you were going to enlarge it much.

I guess I could use the max file size to upload a copy to my photobucket site where you could copy it and then print it yourself or send it to an on-line photo printer?

The original is on the computer at home, I'll try to see what I can do tonight.

Does anyone know of a better way?

o

Thank you , I am not a technical person but really would love to have at least an 8x10 size of this printed. It is remarkable. Caroline

o

That's a lovely photo, rc, really like the angle you shot from. Is that sepia? Wonderful sky.

o

I"ve emailed a couple of full-sized pics ot peeps who wanted to make prints. I've also sold some.
I LOVE the sky, that is just perfect.
JoanMN

o

Thanks for the info Joan. Do you have to do anything special to keep them from getting cutting down when you e-mail?

Great on the selling part. You have so many pictures I would pay good money for!

You are so sweet to help, as always.

And yes, that picture was edited in picasa with the sepia option.

Richard

o

You could probably just post the full sized photo on photobucket, pbase, snapfish, or any of the hosting sites and not resize it. Those sites take some pretty large files. Then just let the person know where to go to copy the file to her computer. You could also email, probably take a while to upload it but it shouldn't resize the file. I think it's a little quicker to copy a file from a website than to upload and download large files in email. Good luck. Marnie

o

Thanks for helping me understand the options better.

I've uploaded it to my Picasa website which I don't use much at the maximum size it sends out. It says it is 3.9 MB's there.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rcnaylor55/SunsetOnThePlains12507/photo#5141241728144558034

If anyone wants it by e-mail they can e-mail me through G-Webb and I'll send it that way. I've found the place to designate that will be done by the "original" size. I have broadband, so sending it shouldn't be much of a problem, getting it is another question I guess.

Richard

Here is a link that might be useful: My picasa site for this pic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here