Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kinda wet....

Posted by juanital (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 07 at 22:12

I contrasted and lowered gamma, taken thru windshield of vehicle...It had been raining for at least day/half...

We haven't had storms like we use to when first moved here...Actually The downpours and T&L were "paralyzing"
but after being here awhile...I took my kids out and storm chased...it was exhilariating...I understand danger/ous...and would never put them in danger nor do anything stupid BUT AlSO didn't want them to be afraid. A few years ago the three-four roads wouldn't take us to home cos of trees down afterwards...
This wasn't T&L storming but a very nice rain and in town...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kinda wet....

Sorry I rambled...Especially when there seems to be no connection...My brain just gets ahead of me or behind...

Well this was a late night run to the store...I waited to snap when the wipers went on their down cycle...

o

Wow, I just love it. You chose the perfect night for this with all the reflections and lights bouncing off the pavement. Excellent shooting!

I know what you mean by storms being exhilarating.

I have been wanting to learn to do some night photography. This will be my motivation;~)

o

Juanita, I'm kinda amazed you didn't get more comments on your picture. I know how hard it is to get good night shots. It's so clear, wonderful reflections.

There just doesn't seem to be anyone visiting this forum anymore. It's a shame.

o

I don't post much anymore but I always look at everyone's photos, and I've seen some great ones. This is a wonderful picture.

o

Thanks Marnie and Gmom....that's okay...it sometimes really is touch n go here...but sometimes i'm not able to post right away either...I do check it out still....

I would really to get out more at night to see if I can pull something like this off again...Since I wasn't the driver I was waiting poised...shutter button half way down and snapping before that light turned green....LOL...a simple thing like that was fun....

Thanks again Marnie and Gmom....

Juanita

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here