Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nikon D90

Posted by dancefit (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 16, 08 at 21:51

Does anyone have the new Nikon D90. And if you do what lens. Thanks. I think I am going to buy one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nikon D90

I bought one when it was released.
Lenses:
18-105 VR
Lens baby 50mm'ish
50mm f1.8

ehh...

o

What are your thoughts on it Joe? I would love to have that camera. Hows the video? That sounds fantastic!

o

We are looking for this camera. Where is a good place to find a good price. We also want to make sure that the lens are Nikon and not some other brand. Seems to be a problem if you buy on line.

o

Hi, I just received mine after searching and scouring after an extensive comparison of brands etc. I decided on the D90 & the best deal I came up with both price and "terms" was from Amazon.com
$1159 for the kit with 18-105Vr and the best part was when I put it in my basket that it said this purchased qualified for 12 month no interest no payment. I read the fine print and decided to call Amazon to make sure. I got the electronics finance dept. and it's legit. You just apply which took all of a minute,,s/s# etc. but not much more info was needed. They answered in less than a minute.
CATCH,,,you much pick the one WHERE Amazon is the SELLER,,,not cameta or some others for this 12 month thing to apply. FINE. I really researched this whole thing, read reviews etc. the site Dpreview.com is so helpful. They have a forum just for Nikon, D90-D40 and answered a lot of questions I had about the camera, where to find, who was reputible seller etc. Also I can recommend a few books that they recommended....Scott Kelby book on Digital photography,,amazon price $13,,Understanding Exposure book by Peterson,, I think (has a pretty sky background with a lighthouse or house on it,,comes up on search with lots of people 5 starring it. This site turned me onto a nikon digitutor that walks you through a lot on this particular camera and is very helpful as it shows a video with talk and shows you so much. I'm new to DSLRs so I need all the help I can get. The D90 has a great auto mode that I can use while I learn. Hope this helps you get the camera you want. I really like mine. Nicole

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here