SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john_ny_gw

Worth repairing or is it toast?

john_ny
15 years ago

I have a little point and shoot camera that took quite good pictures. It is an HP812, 4.1 MP. I think it's about six years old. (When I get the window, where you set the date and time, it starts out with 2002.) It came with a dock, which loads the pictures into the computer, and also charges the batteries in the camera. A little flashing light on the dock indicates it's charging; when it's charged, the light goes off. When you push the on button, on the camera, the lens extends, and a little green light comes on. When you take a picture, the light turns red, for a couple of seconds and, when it's ready for the next pictue, goes green again.

A little while ago, I started having some trouble. When I took the camera out of the dock, and turned it on, the lens would extend, the green light would come on, and then the light would turn red, and the lens would immediately retract. Now, it's gotten worse. When I hit the on button, the green light comes on for a fraction of a second, and the lens doesn't even move at all.

I'm pretty sure the problem is in the camera, and not the dock, because when I put brand new batteries in , the problem persists. I was planning on getting an SLR, but was hoping to get e few more months, or a year, out of this one. Prices have come down so much, that I'm thinking it's not worth trying to repair this one. Any ideas?

Comments (4)

Sponsored