Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need your advice........

Posted by lawmar (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 07 at 13:54

Please help me. I just bought a digital photo frame which I plan to load with pictures and give to my husband for Christmas. The frame says it takes MMC cards or SD cards. Now, I know what these cards stand for since I use the SD card in my cameras. Is there such a thing as an MMC/SD card? Also, the MMC card stands for Multimedia, I assume. The photo frame will show JPEGS and also will play music which I assume is what the MMC card is for? Would I have to get both of these kinds of cards or will just one do? Like on the SD card, I will only have pictures and the MMC card I will have both the music and the pictures - am I right about that? I would appreciate it if anybody knows anything about these frames and enlighten me. Thank you so much for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need your advice........

what brand/ model do you have? My frame I have uses MP3s for the music file. I put the MP3 and jpeg on the same card.

An MMC card is just another type of card that the frame is compatible to read, I dont think you need to seperate files to different cards.

Zjoe

o
RE: I need your advice........

It's a Curtis. So, the way it sounds, I can use either card, huh? Thanks a lot for your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here