Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Misc. Critter pics...

Posted by joan_mn (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 20, 09 at 13:40

I hope I haven't post any of them before.
My sister's shepherd...

Resting on her water/food dish when we were camping.

Doe at rest.

Brown thrasher.

You mean it USED to be your car!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Misc. Critter pics...

Ha! Love that caption, Joan (as well as the picture)!

Beautiful German Shepherd and doe. Nice to see these.

o

Great photos, Joan_mn...I can see the "whiskers" on the Brown Thrasher! :)

Pam

o

Not sure how to put a picture up here. Any help?

o

I upload them to photobucket, then post them here. There are many ways to share your photos, including uploading them directly here, but then you have to keep them down to 60 kbs or less, or at least it used to be like that.

o

Picture of Fred and Rocket

Here is a link that might be useful: www.photobucket.com

o
RE: help loading pictures

OK, I got the picture on via "link that might be useful", but how do I make it appear on this page?

o

use the html code, it will embed the picture here.

o

Farm critters

Double Dog Farm

Bunnies

Rabbit

Muscovy drake

Muscovy play

Khaki Campbells

Is this to many photos? Let me know. Slows down the dial-up members.

Eric

o

Eric, those are some beautiful labs (?). And I love the bunny on its hind legs. Nice photos!

o

joan,

Thank you.

Maybe the title should be "misc critters and two black monsters".

Eric

o

Great pictures!
Nice shepherd pic!
Eric, nice to see some sign of life!
Looks like you added rabbits to your farm, how are the
honey bees?
Nice to see you still have your dogs and in good shape, pepper & ?

Konrad

o

Helloooooooooo Konrad,

Pepper and Jacob. Jacob has Addison's disease. Jacob is the one with his chin on the truck box.

Yes, new critters. Muscovy ducks and Californian x New Zealand cross rabbits. Cover your ears! both are for meat.

Still no Bees. It's my neighbor Brian that has the bees. Three hives doing well. Sounds like he has a pre-sale of sixty pounds to a local restaurant. How are your bees?

Eric

o
RE: Let me try again

Joan, thank you for the help. I seem to be having a lot of difficulty in getting a picture on here. It seems so complicated. I have a Mac and I am used to just dragging a picture wherever I want it to go. I put the "optional Link URL" in and the picture did appear, but it gets rejected. Very frustrating.

o

Fred and Rocket

Fred and Rocket trying to keep warm on a snowy morning

o

murraysmom,

Great, you figure it out!

Rocket is a big cat. Now they just need a blanket and a cup of hot cocoa.

Eric

o

Now you have it, MM, I forgot to tell you to just put the code in the body of you message, and don't try using the link boxes below!

o

Thanks so much for everyone's help and encouragement. Trial and error!! Of course, now we've created a monster!!

Murray

o
RE: Misc. Critter pics...2

Monster.... she talking to you Peppercorn

Jacob and Pepper

Golden Retriever is a handsome fella??

Keep the photos coming.
Eric

o

Those two look like troublemakers to me, Eric!! :) Here's a couple more.
best friends
baby raccoons

o
RE: One more time

Eric, your boys are beautiful!! My picture of the dog is my beloved Murray. He passed away three weeks ago. He was such a good boy. Here are a couple more of my "kids", Fred and Speckles.

Speckles
Fred

o
RE: Misc. Critter pictures

Joan, I love that first picture of your sister's dog. What a gorgeous creature. Looks like a calendar shot for the breed. Very cool.

Beth

o

Wow,

Fred is giving you the evil eye. Ok, I have my blanket, where's my cocoa.

The masked bandits are cute but not allowed around here. I've lost several ducks to those #%&*($#@ over the years

Sorry about your lose

Eric

o
RE: Misc. Critter pics...2

Yes, that Fred is quite the boy!! He does keep me entertained. The raccoons were a couple of babies that showed up in my yard. I was advised to leave them alone, that their mother would come for them. When momma didn't show up the next day and they were sitting under a parked car on the street, I lured them into a cat carrier and took them to a heavily wooded area and turned them loose. Found out later you aren't supposed to do that. But I couldn't leave them to get run over. They are pesky. Thanks for the condolences. It's still hard to believe he's gone. How old are your two?

o
new one of Fred and Rocket

Fred and Rocket sharing the LazyBoy

Too cute!

o

My cat Emmy
Photobucket
Photobucket

squirrel on the deck
Photobucket

This one isn't very clear but the rabbit is so cute!
Photobucket'

A mouse I rescued from the pool. The only thing in the whole pool to float on was that ball.
Photobucket

Mother fox & baby (the baby is hard to see but is standing right in front of her)
Photobucket

o
RE: Misc Critter pics

Photobucket

ducks at Gifford Pinchot State Park
Photobucket
Photobucket

Doe & fawns
Photobucket

o
RE: Misc. Critter pics.....

lalogue86, I love your pictures. Your cat is beautiful and the wildlife is wonderful to see. Your fox picture reminded me of some I took a couple of years ago. A mom and dad pair of foxes moved under a shed in my sister's backyard and we got to watch them raise four kits over the course of a month or so. The one in this picture was the mom, I think, crossing the patio on her way to go "grocery" shopping. She returned fairly quickly with a bird in her mouth.
The armadillo was a baby that was in my brother's yard in Florida.

Beautiful fox

Florida friend

o

I love to see everyones photos, but I have DSL and I still do not have all of the above photos showing after 10 mins. Some of them appeared right away and I am still awaiting the others. I don't understand why some pop right up and others takes so long when the photos appear to be of a similar size.

But regardless, they are great and I really like to see them.

Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here