SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snaillover_gw

Nikon Coolpix L810 anyone? Focusing issues...

Hi,
I could use some advice on macro shots, which is mostly what I use the camera for. Often, when I press the button slightly to get it into focus, as soon as it beeps (which is supposed to signal that it's in focus) the image then goes slightly out of focus and the photo turns out the same way. I can rarely get the same quality shot that I'm seeing in the display. It's not a shaky hand either, because the same thing happens if I have the camera rested on something stationary.

Another related question: When I'm zoomed in really close, the subject will come into sharp focus for just a quick moment, but then it goes back to fuzzy again and does not re-focus. I either have to zoom out or move the camera back to get a clear shot, but then I lose the magnification I was aiming for.

It's frustrating that I can see the subject come into focus in such clarity, but I can't get the photo to look the same way. I normally use auto mode and haven't played with the other settings too much. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Comments (6)

Sponsored