Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Camera is Locked ???

Posted by springvillegardens (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 07 at 22:28

Hello, I am fairly new to digital photography. I used to use a 35 mm and when my camera went haywire, I bought my first digital camera about a year or so ago. I love taking photos of my gardens and landscapes. I was going along fine and all of sudden my camera is locked. I think I pushed the wrong button and it is now locked. It will turn on, but it beeps when I try to take a photo. The battery is fine and there is plenty of room on the card. I lost the operating manual due to remodeling our home.

Does anyone know where I can get a new manual or how to unlock it. I tried an internet search but am not having much luck. It is a Sony Cybershot DSC W 7 - 7.2 megapixel. I confess I don't even know how to use the menu, which the guy at Circuit City said was easy to use, I haven't found this to be true, but that is another story. I hate being digitally challenged. I am looking for a camera class I can take to help me out, but in the meantime I need my camera to work.

If anyone can walk me through what to do I would really appreciate it. All this wonderfull fall weather with the perfect light and I can't take a single photo. I am anxious to get back to my photography. Thanks for any advice or direction I can look.

Here is a link to a photo I took of an artichoke blossom I grew.

Here is a link that might be useful: Artichoke Flower

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Camera is Locked ???

Maybe this will help.
Good luck!

Jeanne

Here is a link that might be useful: Manual

o
RE: My Camera is Locked ???

jeannek_nepa, thank you so much for responding. I took a couple of on line tutorials from the site you posted and I was able to get my camera unlocked and can now use it agin. thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here