Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
your opinion please, point & shoot

Posted by calirose (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 6, 08 at 17:28

I need to buy a camera with at least 8 mp, and good lens to photograph my paintings. I want to be able to make enlargements. My budget is 200 so I am hoping to find a good camera on sale. Kodak recomends 10mp and 3x zoom for a 30x40". Canon offers 4 models for 11x17 and larger (but doesn't say how much larger) A. a 8mp w/3x and B & C. 10 mp w/3x and D. 10mp w/5x. The powershot SX110 IS at $250 is 9MP and 10x, states enlarge as much as your vision wants.

I do want IS -stabilization. All above have that. I have also read Steve's digicam site.

My Olympus D380 at 2 MP is old but still takes good quality pics - but not good for enlargements.

Any suggestions on brand, quality of cameras?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: your opinion please, point & shoot

thanks -

o

Canon A720 IS is a great 8mp P&S. It is highly recommended on DP review site. Read the review here:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona720is/

o

I have the Canon A720 IS and like it very much. The only complaint that I have is the battery compartment is hard to open and close. I bought it online for $169 back in the spring, so you should be able to find it for less.

o

I have the Canon 1100 IS. LOVE it! And it has IS and is under $200.00...less and less under it every day!
JoanMN

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here