Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Storing Digital Pics

Posted by leafgirl (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 29, 09 at 16:39

I have 3 memory cards for my camera which are now full and my pics are also stored on my hard drive. When I went to Target to make CD copies of my memory cards for storage, the girl said why don't you just keep the memory cards for storage and buy new ones to use since you will need more than one CD for each memory card, its not any more expensive in the long run.

What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Storing Digital Pics

A 500 gig external hard drive for 60 or 70 bucks will hold a lifetime of photos. Why don't you burn your own CD's for 10 cents each?

o

Thanks, Crunchpa. I am completely computer ignorant and so I had no idea about an external hard drive. $60 or $70 sound good for a lifetime of photos! Thank you for the advice.

o

I put mine on dvd's and keep them on external hard drives. I keep the dvd's in our safe deposit box at the bank, in case something happens to our house (God forbid).

o

Thanks, Joan.

o

i got a new western digital 1.5 Terra Byte (1000gigs) external hard drive off ebay for $107. Just plug a USB cord in to the computer and it has more storage than I will ever use.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here