Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Skateboading at night

Posted by zitro_joe (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 07 at 13:53

We had family over this weekend and my nephew, Chris, has recently taken up skateboarding. There is a small skate park here is I took over there. Surprisingly at 8:30, everyone left.

It was interesting taking the picture. There were three different types of light sources, so the white balance was all over the place. It caused some interesting back lighting for the pictures. I played around with the double slow shutter option. I liked the results, Chris thought they were really neat. I like that it allowed for motion blur yet also captures a still photo as well.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is a link to the made form that night, or you can follow the link at the bottom of the page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48GJfMrE280

Thumbnails are below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Video

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Skateboading at night

Wow, Joe! Love those color blurs. Looks like a lot of fun.

o

Wow, my grammar and spelling is everywhere, my apologies. Also, I was using the double flash, slow shutter. The camera uses a slow shutter speed and while the shutter is open the flash fires twice.

o

Great Pictures!!!! Wish I could get that close for my football pics.
You did a wonderful job with the video. Wish I was that talented.

June

o

Thanks you two! He very much enjoyed the pictures and video. I found myself on the ground, standing on rails and running along with Chris to get the shots I wanted.

I am probably going to blow one up to poster size for him.

The video thing gets easy after you have made a few.

Zjoe

o

cool! love the blur shots

o

wow i cant wait till i figure out how to use my new camera to get those kinds of pics. very nice!

o

Those are great, joe!
Thanks for sharing.
Ron

o

Wow, you really did a great job on these. I like action shots and I know they can be hard to do!
JoanMN

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here