SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zitro_joe

Skateboading at night

zitro_joe
16 years ago

We had family over this weekend and my nephew, Chris, has recently taken up skateboarding. There is a small skate park here is I took over there. Surprisingly at 8:30, everyone left.

It was interesting taking the picture. There were three different types of light sources, so the white balance was all over the place. It caused some interesting back lighting for the pictures. I played around with the double slow shutter option. I liked the results, Chris thought they were really neat. I like that it allowed for motion blur yet also captures a still photo as well.

Here is a link to the made form that night, or you can follow the link at the bottom of the page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48GJfMrE280

Thumbnails are below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Video

Comments (8)

• bean_counter_z4
    16 years ago

Wow, Joe! Love those color blurs. Looks like a lot of fun.

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow, my grammar and spelling is everywhere, my apologies. Also, I was using the double flash, slow shutter. The camera uses a slow shutter speed and while the shutter is open the flash fires twice.

• june_nd
    16 years ago

Great Pictures!!!! Wish I could get that close for my football pics.
    You did a wonderful job with the video. Wish I was that talented.

June

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks you two! He very much enjoyed the pictures and video. I found myself on the ground, standing on rails and running along with Chris to get the shots I wanted.

I am probably going to blow one up to poster size for him.

The video thing gets easy after you have made a few.

Zjoe

• lianne
    16 years ago

cool! love the blur shots

• dally099
    16 years ago

wow i cant wait till i figure out how to use my new camera to get those kinds of pics. very nice!

• ronf_gw
    16 years ago

Those are great, joe!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Ron

• JoanMN
    16 years ago

Wow, you really did a great job on these. I like action shots and I know they can be hard to do!
    JoanMN

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?