SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raineygirl_gw

Canon Powershot SX 280

raineygirl
10 years ago

I really love the pictures this camera produces. However, there is a glitch in the battery indicator. Whenever you use the video mode, the red low battery indicator starts flashing but if you turn the camera off, it resets itself and all bars are lit on the indicator. I've read on a website where other owners have had the same problem and Canon finally came out with a firmware update to fix the battery problem. The bottom line is, this camera sucks up the power of the battery and you have to have several batteries if you plan on a vacation. If I had known all of this, I would have chosen a different camera but I've had it now over a year.

I haven't done the update 'yet' as some have complained it didn't fix the problem and made it worse. I'm getting ready to go on vacation and didn't want to take that risk-;).

Anybody on here have this type of camera? Or, is this site mainly for SLR's? I really enjoy photography and have taken tons of pics-;). Some really good ones too (I might add) all with automatic digitals.

I really wanted a camera with the 1080p video so that's one reason I chose this model. Now, the battery drains so much from using video mode. I am discouraged from using video mode too much for this reason. Not sure why Canon dropped the ball on this one.

Rainey

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Custom Residential Homes & Full Service Renovations