Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A cup of jo and some filtered morning light today

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 23, 10 at 10:27

Outside my breakfast nook there was a nice batch of early morning sunshine streaming through the pecans and Moraine locusts. I thought it was kinda nice. I didn't quite get the full look, but

From Filtered morning light

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A cup of jo and some filtered morning light today

I love lighting like that. Such beautiful greens against the light gray/purple sky.

I went out Thursday when the sky was partly rainy/partly sunny to try to capture the shifting light, the shadows & bright spots, and the unusual colors. Well, I'm not skilled enough with my new camera, so no good photos, and I ended up getting caught in a downpour. Fortunately, a friend drove past before my new camera got very wet.

o

Yeah, I really didn't do capture the contrasts in the scene very well with my little KM.

And, I'm glad you had a friend around to bail you and your new camera out!

o

I love that backlighting..great shot.

On the other hand, I too have been caught out in a downpour before, but now I have a solution. I carry my camera gear in a backpack style camera bag, so I got a lightweight military style poncho that only weighs about 1/2lb and folds up flat and compact, which I keep in the bag. The poncho is large enough that it not only covers me, it fits nicely over the pack to keep all my gear dry as well. In addition, I got the camo style so when i am out shooting nature shots I can use it to quickly rig a blind. When using it as a blind I extend the camera lens out through the center hole with the hood covering the lens.

o

The lighting is wonderful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here