Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nikon D3000 help

Posted by gulf_pirate2009 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 12, 09 at 9:28

I purchased a Nikon D3000 last week. I read the owners manual several times and finally had a chance to take it out, charge the battery, and take a few pictures. I have been using it in auto mode since I am still learning about photography. Several of my pictures have been very blurry and not the quality that I hoped for. This is my first "real" camera. My pervious cameras were simple point and shoot and very simple to use. Is there anything that I can do to improve the quality of the pictures? Also, the description of the camera stated that there is no delay when you press the shoot button. Mine has a delay. Is it because of autofocus trying to adjust?

Thanks in advance.
Byron

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nikon D3000 help

I will have to see pics and exif data to better help.

You sure did make a big purhase for a first time camera.

There should be no delay, no offense but it might be something your doing, maybe not.

Joe

o

Thanks Joe, I'm sure it is something I'm doing. I just can't figure it out. I deleted most of the blurred pictures I took. While reading the manual on the lens, it said that the vibration reduction mode does not activate when the camera is in auto-flash.
I'll try to post a few tonight. I still need to sign in on photobucket to load my images.

o

Hi, Byron. After you are armed with Joe's advice, in addition to studying your manual you might want to spend some time reading posts at DPReview's Nikon forums. You can gain a lot of information that way. DPR actually has several Nikon forums; I don't know which one is for the D3000, but here's one to get you started:

Nikon D300-D100 Forum

And here's a popular forum for beginner's questions. Believe me, some of the questions from those "beginners" are not all that basic!

Beginners' Questions Forum

You can find other DPR forums by clicking on the link on their site (upper left).

Have fun with your new camera!

o

DPR is where "it" is at!

o

I purchased my camera just before Christmas and have been taking great pictures. Today, after importing my pictures from the camera, I had to go to NX to view my pictures. Is there a setting on the camera that I need to adjust?

o

Depends. Do you normally shoot in jpeg? Is your camera somehow now set to shoot in RAW or NEF?

Most any program can allow you to view your jpeg shots. But if you're shooting in RAW/NEF, then some can't show them which is why you might be being forced to use NX.

Not sure of that's definitely why, but it's an idea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here