Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Monarchs galore

Posted by minrose (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 3, 09 at 7:53

Have not been here all summer, been busy with our garden, work and raising over 300 Monarchs. I would like to share some of my favorite photos that I have taken of the Monarchs I raised.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have more, probably make another post another day. I have taken photos of most of the 300 plus Monarchs, some flew away before I got a chance. But I must have 1000s of photos.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Monarchs galore

minrose....those are stunning! May I use one for my desktop photo? How fun that must be to see them go on their way.
Pam

o

Beautiful! I think some flew here, the butterfly bush had several today, more than I've ever seen!

o

Thanks for the wonderful photos and your efforts with the Monarchs.

o

You're a great Monarch Mama!!

o

Thanks alot, yes you may use one of them for your desktop photo. The last two have hatched for me this last Sunday, so that is a total of 318 this year. I have not processed them yet but when I do, I will share some with you.
I do feel like a Monarch Mamma. Sometimes it would take me 3 hours a day to care for the catepillars, cleaning the jars and getting them fresh milkweed.

o

Will these Monarchs migrate this year, minrose?
p.s. I used to live in Duluth...are you near there?

o

Yes, these Monarchs hatched later in the summer should migrate. I live about 5 hours southwest of Duluth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here