o
My last Monarch for the year

Posted by minrose (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 6, 09 at 7:43

Hatched Oct4, here she is.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All my macro butterfly photos are taken with the first digital camera I bought, many years ago, an Olympus 3000. It uses smart media cards, which are not even available in stores anymore. I really love it for macros but I think it is time for a new one that takes just as good of macros, mainly of butterflies. I think I am wearing this one out, if you can imagine that. It was a good camera, I took lots of photos with it over the years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My last Monarch for the year

Minrose, you and I are in the same cold climate, and we both have iris blooming! Are yours rebloomers? Mine aren't; they just appeared.

My first camera was an Olympus, and so was my second. I still have them. In fact, the one I just bought and haven't even tried yet is an Olympus, too. But I've done extensive macro photography with my Panasonic Lumix FZ5. It's a superzoom, but does macro so well. The latest version of it just came out in September: the FZ35. Prices are dropping to under $300 now. (It started out last month at $400.) That's probably as low as it's going to go.

Here are some pictures from the FZ35, posted on Flickr. It also takes great videos. You can find some on YouTube. Look under FZ38, as the European version was released first.

Anyway, that's my recommendation. :-)

o

Thank you for the recommendation, I will keep that one in mind.

o

Lovely shots Minrose.

Just out of curiosity, how close to the butterfly was your lens on those pics?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here