Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
unwanted shadows

Posted by molossermom (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 25, 13 at 2:54

My favorite flower happens to bloom only at night so getting a decent photo has been a bit tricky. These are the two best Ive managed so far. Id like to be able to eliminate the shadows in the center without losing any definition and depth. Ive tried diffrent angles with same result or worse where it is totally blown out. I haven't tried a bounce flash yet . Maybe that would do the trick?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: unwanted shadows

here's pic #2

o

You need to take the picture directly facing the flower using your flash, or use another lightsource away from the camera.

Kt

o

Ok I used another light source and I think that helped. Ill try taking one from directly in front in about two months when it blooms again Thanks for the advice.

o

Nice picture!

o

thanks Kentuck_8b !

o

Night blooming Cereus?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here