Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shopped pic of me...out of the norm....

Posted by ashelton80 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 07 at 0:23

and i promise im not crazy...of course crazy people would never admit to being....crazy...:)
Just decided to have some fun shopping these pics of me....out of the norm for this forum i think, but all the same....tis a pic after all!

Struggle1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shopped pic of me...out of the norm....

Your photo conveys intense emotions and struggle very well. The use of B&W with the warmer colors of the angry figures is great. To me the B&W suggests despair and detachment. It might be a little edgy for this forum, I hope not. Just from a purely artistic pov, I would leave the words off and remove the hanging picture and other equipment in the scene. The starkness of the bare log walls is very effective and those objects distract. We are used to seeing pretty pictures here, this is an altogether different kind of photo.

Oh, and be sure to take the pix with you when you visit your shrink (just kidding).

o

Very creative, what more can I say!!

o

Hey, are you Country Bumpkin's son?? Cool pic!
JoanMN

o

I like that it says a lot about inner turmoil that we all stuggle with.

o

beancounter, thanks!! I plan on doin another one and changing some things which did include taking the words off. i didnt give any thought to the other objects, but you are absolutely correct!! ill post a new one....got one going right now, but im spending some time with it...this one took about 30 minutes....lol! appreciate the critique!!

And who is this "country bumpkin" person...wait...thats that old lady i know....:P. yeh, thats muh mums!!

A

o

Watch it, kid, or I'll cut, paste and email!
What camera are you using?
JoanMN

o

hehe, thats my new h7....the new love of my life!

o

Oh, a Sony man! I suppose your MOm hasn't been using that H1 much lately, huh?

o

nah, truth is she has been so busy with my dad that she hasnt had time to do too much picture takin...

and yes, i am a sony loyalist!! lol

not to mention the canon rebel was just outta my price range!! ;)

Im lovin the H7 though, it does me a great job!!

A

o

I have the H5 and the Canon Rebel XTi. They are both terrific cameras.
JoanMN

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here